School of Public Health HBHE Genetics Research Website and Online Repository
I independently worked for HBHE Genetics Research Group at University of Michigan as a web designer. I designed the website from scratch using Drupal as the base system and built the infrastructure. In the end I wrote training documentations to administrators.
I worked part-time for HBHE Genetics as a web designer building their website, using Drupal as the content management system and publications repository. I designed the website from scratch, which involves information architecture plan, logo and overall appearance. In the end, I configured the infrastructure (Apache + PHP + MySQL) for the website and compiled training documentations for administrators and content editors.
Client Requirement Analysis
Before I started to work on real development, I firstly analyzed their goals and missions, stakeholders and their incentives and expectations in detail, according to the interviews with client and potential users.
I built a comprehensive information architecture plan in terms of the unique content management strategies used in Drupal, including node, content types, CCK fields, relationships, views, taxonomy and so on.
Repository for Publications
My client had an urgent demand of managing online publications. Based on Drupal core system and its contributing module “Biblio”, I built an online repository that is very easy to use and maintain.
Web Design / Drupal Development
I finished web design and Drupal development individually. I designed a unique and completely new theme for the organization using Photoshop and CSS. Based on previously agreed information architecture plan, I created static pages, view pages, panel pages, homepage panel, blocks and dynamic menus, implemented content management strategies, such as site-wide node reference strategy and repository for publications. I also installed and configured a wide range of Drupal contributing modules to add important functionalities to the site.
I created step-by-step instructions with a large number of snapshots for content editors as training materials. The new site has been published to replace the old one.
- One-Click TimeTracker UX Design & Development
- ShakeShare Product Design, UX Design & Development
- ChiltonPRO Tablet Interaction Design, Wireframing, Prototyping & Mobile App Design
- Who's That? Ubiquitous System User Research, Interaction Design, Wireframing & Prototyping
- OVIC Usability Evaluation User Research & Usability Evaluation
- Firework: Interactive Data Explorer Data Analysis, Prototyping & Information Visualization
- SocialCusp Wireframing, Prototyping, Interaction Design & Development
- PlainMed Mobile App Mobile App Design & Development
- SleepHabit Monitor Information Visualization
- Graphic Design Collection Graphic Design
- Homeshine Boutique Online Shop Project Management, Web Design & Graphic Design
- HBHE Genetics Research Website Information Architecture, Web Design & Development
- Gale Cengage Learning Contextual Inquiry Contextual Inquiry & Project Management
- UMBS Website Information Architecture, Web Design & Development